Effective, just and humane responses to the causes and consequences of crime.
Through prevention and intervention services as well as advocacy, research, public education, coalition building and cross-sector partnerships, the JHS Quebec believes in taking a holistic approach to tackling the problem of crime and its consequences.
In furtherance of our Mission, the Society:
- Strives to help not only individuals who are at risk of, or who have come into, conflict with the law, but also their friends, families, and communities.
- Works closely with various actors in developing and implementing services that meet common objectives related to crime prevention, anti-poverty, mental health, anti-violence, criminal justice and other strategies.
- Strives to develop and provide the highest quality of evidence-based programs and services to meet the diverse needs of our clients, their families and the community.
- Is strongly committed to investing in capacity building, partnerships and the sharing of resources.
- Advocates for sound and sensible changes to the criminal justice process.
Our overall goal is to contribute in the effort to building and supporting strong, healthy, and safe communities.
Our diverse client group includes youth, adults, and the elderly, males, females, and LGBTQ, from a wide range of social, ethnic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds, including Indigenous and linguistic minority groups as well as immigrant and refugee populations.
John Howard Society of Canada Core Statements, Values and Principles
Core statements Values and Principles